Jon Loman's research:
Page under construction.
Tit reproduction - Forest vs. small grooves
Seed predation - Forest vs. small grooves.
Mouse and vole dynamics in small habitat islands.
Dynamics. Predation. Autumn migration - fact or fiction? Apodemus
Bird diversity in relation to habitat island size.
Publications, reports, and manuscripts
- 1991. The small mammal fauna in an agricultural landscape in southern Sweden. With special reference to the wood mouse Apodemus sylvaticus. Mammalia 55:91-96.
- 1991. Birds in farmland - more species in small than in large habitat islands. Conservation Biology 5:176-188. With Torbjörn v. Schantz.
- 1991. Small mammal and raptor densities in habitat islands; Area effects in a south Swedish agricultural landscape. Landscape Ecology 5:183-189.
- 1991. Do wood mice Apodemus sylvaticus abandon fields during autumn? Ekologia Polska 39:221-228.
- 1992. Conservation biology in agricultural habitat islands. - In: Hansson, L. (ed). Nature conservation by ecological principles, a boreal perspective. Monographs in Conservation Biology. Elsevier. With Ola Jennersten, Jeremy Robertson, Anders Pape Möller, and Björn Widen.
- In press. Small habitat islands are inferior breeding habitats but are used by some Great tits - competition or ignorance? Bioldiv.
- Manus. Rodent seed predation in a fragmented landscape - effect of woodland area.