Dept. Animal Ecology, Lund, Sweden
The rest of this page contains information on the listed subjects.
You can scroll or click to read it.
Born 1949 in Eskilstuna, but grew up in Stockholm. Moved to Lund in
southern Sweden in 1955 where I have stayed since. Zoologist.
Two children, born 1982 and 1992.
Click for a more complete CV
- Population dynamics of frogs
- Social ecology of reptiles
- Crow ecology
- Small mammals, birds, seeds and habitat islands
- Theoretical ecology
- Repairing cars and house
- Maybe not a hobby, but it takes a good part of my time
- Animal photography (Link to animal photos)
- Combined with travel, if opportunities arise.
- SCUBA diving. (Link to UW photos).
- My oldest son brought me into this
- Steam engines (Link
to photo gallery)
- I used to spend some time watching and photographing them
but there are not many around any more
- Stamp collecting
- Especially: Sweden before 1960, animals, and trains.
- With my youngest son, I am a member of SSSS/Bara bönder.
You can click here for sample games - lost and won.
- I like to watch football on TV. I used to play in the
late team of the Ecology Department ("Darwins drängar").
- Bee keeping
- I am the owner of eleven (I hope) bee colonies. Contact me for purchase of honey.
- A hobby shared with the dog. Apart from pleasing her, the main attracion hunting is barbecued
This is the web site of Jon Loman. It was previously my web site at Lund University. University web sites are now streamlined and as long
as I am associated to the Biology department such a web site in my name will (soon?) be found under the department home page. I have transferred
my old website (this one) to a commercial web hotel (with my company, Rana Konsult). Maintaining this site will be a priority
and I hope it will be linked from the University web site.
To Top of page.
Home page by:
Last update: 20130108